BKA is currently seeking a part-time Bookkeeping professional to help with the upkeep and management of invoices, payments, payroll, and future fundraising donations. We have an outside Accountant who handles our taxes and consulting, but we are in need of someone local (Austin, TX area) who is flexible and willing to come into the office either on a part time basis or for a few days a week. Creative Solutions is the accounting system we use for all bookkeeping and payroll management (if you have experience with Quickbooks or any other accounting software it should be a quick learn).
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in bookkeeping. Must be flexible and willing to occasionally come into an office setting. We are seeking a proven self-starter who can work well both independently as well as with a team. This person must be hard working, extremely organized, and able to work with and manage outside vendors and payroll. Experience in the realm of a non-profit organization is a plus but not required.
*Please note: while this job is part-time, there is chance for growth within the coming new year as Blaze continues to grow.
Tasks will include:
- Organize and file all invoices (digitally and manually)
- Vendor payments/check writing
- Monthly and Quarterly bookkeeping maintenance with our Accountant
- Employee Onboarding paperwork
- Upkeep and organization of 1099 contractors
- Budgets and reports for various projects
- Hand off tax returns to our Accountant
- Financial Reports for Grant Writing
- Working with our Development Director to ensure organization of fundraising donations
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years bookkeeping experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience
*Perk of bringing in kids for distance learning with our Master Teacher!
If you are interested in being a key team member in the start-up and ongoing process of building a new non-profit organization then reach out to us today!